TALES OF TREVIN AND TWINS

Just a peek into the happenings of our little family



Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Happy Birthday, Trevin!

Our little man is three years old today. I can't believe it has been three years since that little snugglie bundle of baby made me a Mom. He has been so excited for his birthday to come for quite awhile now - it will be a fun day for him. Poor guy has had quite the adjustment the last couple months going from getting all of our attention to having to share with two little demanding babies! Hopefully it will get easier for him soon!

Things I Love About Our Three Year Old

-He's really getting into imaginative play. I love to eavesdrop when he's playing with his trucks or equipment and hear the scenario that's being played out. "Doug" is always the driver of his "x-vator" and when a truck is "broken" he has to take it to "Cubby's shop".

-He has sweet moments of being very appreciative. He will often tell us when we sit down at the table: "Thank you for making dinner." And he will tell me "Thank you for washing my sheets" for multiple nights after they've been washed.

-He knows how to give a compliment. I walked out of our room wearing something new and Trevin said, "Mama! You look SO cute!" He often says that about his baby brother and sister when they are wearing something he hasn't seen before. The other day we were looking at pics of his Auntie Teresa trying on her wedding dress and Trevin said, "Oooh, she looks SO pretty!"

-Sometimes after our night time story, I will lay with him for a bit. He always wants to hold my hand as he is drifting off to sleep. I remember times when he was about a year old that I would lay on the floor next to his crib as he was falling asleep and he would hold my hand through the crib. Sweet boy!

-He loves his baby brother and sister very much. It is so sweet to hear him talking to them - usually saying things that he's heard us say. "It's okay 'Lenna, settle down" or "Good job Orrin, you poo-pooed, I'm SO proud of you!" (Trevin has issues in that department and we get REALLY excited when he is successful!) He loves to give gentle kisses and hugs. Trevin likes to choose who sits next to him in the car. Whom he chooses is usually due to the other "being fusty" (fussy). He gets such a kick out of the twins "filing at him" (smiling at him). And he's such a big helper when he notices if one of the babies has "sphit up" (spit up) or has little bubbles escaping - he gets a burp cloth and wipes their mouth for me.

Trevin vocabulary and expressions:
"Plah-no" Piano
"Butter-peenter" Peanut butter and regular butter
"Pak-pak" Back pack
"X-vator" Excavator
"Ephelant" Elephant

"What in the world!"
"Come sit and chat with me"
"Oh my goodness!"
"Eww..dat's NASTY!"

3 years old

2 years old


1 year old


1 week old

5 comments:

Will, Shelley, Chet, Zane, Reid, Lily said...

Happy Birthday to Trevin!! love from Chet & Zane

Amber said...

Happy Birthday!! 3 is Such a Fun age!!

Anonymous said...

Happy B-Day, Mr. T. I love you lots!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Trevin! He's a great little 3 yr-old!
I've been enjoying all the new pictures. Those twins are looking mighty healthy! Looking forward to seeing you all soon!

Marla said...

HOW sweet. I love the 1 year old photo!!