TALES OF TREVIN AND TWINS

Just a peek into the happenings of our little family



Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy 72nd Birthday, Mom


Today would have been Mom's 72nd birthday.  And the first birthday with her gone.  I have been dreading this day for a long time.  Not sure exactly why.  I think I was so worried that the day would pass without us doing something for her...remembering and celebrating her life in some way.  I wanted to do a dinner with my Dad and Gram and Bret and make her favorite meal.  In typical Mom fashion, everyone I talked to had a different idea of Mom's favorite meal.  She was very easy to please and accommodating!  We ended up doing a regular meal and then watching videos we had with her in them.  I had visited her grave earlier in the day.  It ended up being a special day.  Hard...but special.  

1 comment:

Angela said...

What a special day! I understand that feel of worry that the day will go by unnoticed or unrecognized!! Love that pict of you and your mom!!