TALES OF TREVIN AND TWINS

Just a peek into the happenings of our little family



Tuesday, March 30, 2010

36 weeks 6 days

Yup...still pregnant! Getting very close to the end though. My apt this morning showed both babies with their heads down (Baby B had flipped AGAIN last week) with some progress made toward the "being ready" stage. (I'll spare you the details!) They didn't measure the babies this week, but last week Baby A was 5 lbs 15 ounces and Baby B was 6 lbs 2 ounces. I stopped working this week so it has been really nice to be home and rest (as much as you can with a 2 year old!) and also get some stuff done. On the list today is to get our bags packed. I know, I know...that should have been done a LONG time ago! It has been a sort of reverse psychology thing with me...if they are packed then I will definitely not give birth until April 14th! Hopefully I'm wrong though!
One of the big things on the list has been to get a vehicle that three car seats will fit in. We can finally cross that one off as we got a new-to-us Expedition a week ago. What a relief! It's been kinda weird going from driving my little Corolla to the bigger SUV.
Our new ride
Baby girl's crib bedding


Baby boy's crib bedding. This crib is set up in our room. I figure for the first few months it will be easier if the twins are closer to me. They will get to share a crib for a bit.


Cute blankies and bibs that the talented and lovely Miss Sarah H made for the babies

Shelving unit that my brother Todd made. (I'm finally getting a pic of it for you, Teresa!) It is modeled after a unit I saw in Pottery Barn Kids, but wasn't willing to spend that much. Todd is really good with woodworking so he was able to make it. I love it!

9 comments:

The Cooper Family said...

I love that crib bedding! and the shelves too!! I can't believe you're still pregnant - that's awesome - you'll get to just bring them right home!! Let me know if you need help with any last minute to do's. Can't wait to meet pinky and boy-blue. ( I hope you don't have to name them that! LOL)

Nyla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nyla said...

Thanks for the update, Alyssa. It's nice to follow along. I sure am thinking of you. I'm anxious to meet the twins and see Trevin!

Love, Nyla

Anonymous said...

Lookin' good, girl! Not long to go now! I was wrong in all my guesses of "when" so will just wait for the big event!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting pictures of the cribs and item Todd made. They look great!

Marla said...

Love the brown with the pink and blue. Super cute baby room. Your brother Todd is very talented.

Will, Shelley, Chet, Zane, Reid, Lily said...

Wow! Everything looks so good! Now all you need are your babies! Am so glad that you have been able to carry for this long, and also that their heads are faced down! Makes you relax a bit more I bet...We sure are thinking of you!!

Anonymous said...

Every morning when I wake up I wonder if there might be some news "this" morning! I really enjoyed this post; seeing all the pretty "new" things! Looks like all is in perfect preparation and we can't wait for the big news!

Unknown said...

Very cute bedding, and your brother is very talented!